The Canterbury Pilgrims & Early Settlers Association Inc was established in 1923 and is a non- profit
- The object and the aims of the Association is to promote friendship among the Descendants of the Early Settlers of the Canterbury Province and others by Social Activities.
- To inspire and perpetuate a Feeling of Respect and Admiration for the Pioneers of Canterbury and Foster their Spirit.
- To hold Regular Meetings of an interesting mature and promote Literary and Historic matters dealing with Pioneer Adventure and Endeavour in Canterbury.
- To collect and preserve Books, Manuscripts and Records of Historic Interest. Such donations and gifts to be held in Trust by the Association in a secure and safe environment to ensure their survival and security for future generations.
- To encourage the investigation of the Historical Topography of Canterbury with the Identification and Marking of Places of Historical Interest.
- Generally, to encourage all attempts to engender and spread knowledge of the History of Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Engage all Voluntary or paid personnel as deemed necessary by the Association.